Totalnannies.com welcomes applications from families interested in taking part in our au-pair/mother's help/nanny cultural experience. Families who join our program must:
- Provide a private room for the candidate.
Agree to the program's conditions which specify that the host family:
- Limit child care to a maximum of 36 hours per week for au-pairs and 55 hours per week for mother's helps, nannies and governesses extending over no more than 5 and a half days per week. Rota positions are also possible.
- Give the candidate a minimum of 2 evenings off per week for mother's helps, governesses or nannies and a minimum of 4 evenings off a week for au-pairs
- Give the candidate a minimum of 1 day off per week for au-pairs and 1 and a half days off per week for mother's helps, nannies and governesses
- Pay the candidate a minimum of £135.00 pounds sterling per week for au-pairs, a minimum of £200.00 pounds sterling per week for mother's helps and a minimum of £ 350.00 pounds sterling per week for nannies and governesses
- Give the candidate one complete weekend off per month (Friday evening to Monday morning).
- Give au-pairs the possibility to attend language courses.
- Treat au-pairs and mother's helps as an "extended family" member and not as an employee.
- Give the candidate one month off with regular salary after one year's stay (shorter stays are calculated pro-rata).
- Include the candidate, when possible, in family meals, outings, holidays and other events.
- Pay the candidate a travel contribution of £150.00 on conclusion of the agreed length of stay
- Pay the candidate a completion bonus equivalent to one week's salary on conclusion of the agreed length of stay
- Agree to abide by the program's regulations and to meet obligations undertook with the candidate (set out by the Host family in the application form).
- Pick the candidate up at her point of arrival on her arrival
- Give at least two week's notice to terminate the agreement early.
"You and your company are a pleasure to work with. Thanks." ---Robert L.W. Miller, President (Vienna, USA)